Use the New Google My Business App to Help Get New Patients
Every month, Google connects people to businesses nearby more than 9 billion times, including over 1 billion phone calls and 3 billion direction requests to stores. Google My Business is hands- down the most important place to get started on optimizing local search results. It’s free, and it’s easy to maintain. With a GMB profile, you can edit your business information, manage reviews and messages, access statistical insights, all in one place.
Now, Google has made it even easier for you to engage with your GMB profile — by doing it on the app!
I Manage Google My Business On My Desktop. How Is This Different?
The Google My Business app is the on-the-go version of your desktop GMB that allows you to manage your account anywhere, anytime. So what are some important features there are on the GMB app?
- Keeps all the goodies of desktop GMB: You can easily edit your business information like address, phone number, website URL, and business hours.
- You can connect the app with your mobile phone photos and post pictures and video straight from your smartphone.
- Easy-to-view analysis of your GMB statistics and YouTube statistics (if applicable) on the front page.
- The “customers” tab consolidates reviews, messages, and followers in one place so you can better track customer feedback and interact with them in due time. You can directly reply to a review in the customer tab, or by turning on the message function, send instant messages to your patients.
- Sends notifications to you when there are new customer connections like a new review post, a new message or a new follower.
Is Google My Business THAT Important?
In a word, yes. Let us go over some reasons why GMB is a good idea for your practice.
For starters, it’s free. It costs you nothing to add or claim a business.
Second, having a GMB profile means having a consolidated medium to manage your business information on Google. Having consistent and prominent business information online is very important. It not only increases your credibility but also helps potential customers find you wherever they access your business information. By utilizing Google My Business, you can ensure the consistency of your business information across Google (including Google Search and Google Maps) and its third-party sites who leverage data from Google.
Third, having a well-maintained and up-to-date GMB profile also helps you rank better on Google Local Search Results. GMB now offers multiple functions to help you provide more relevant information to your potential customers. Through posts, Q&A, messages, you can tactically guide potential customers to learn more and feel interested in the services and products you offer. And best of all, these GMB embedded functions are all free. Use them well to capture keywords and help your business rank better!
Fourth, GMB gives you traffic and customer actions analysis for free. You can view the numbers of searches from direct and discovery queries, the numbers of clicks on direction, call, websites for various length of times. You will be able to adjust and update your profile based on the statistical results.
If you are intrigued by all the goods that GMB can do but not sure how to add or claim your business on Google? Not to worry, Google offers step-by-step guidance that is very easy to follow.