The GDW team initially developed the emergency alert banner feature on our website platform to update patients regarding COVID-19 closures and sterilization/safety protocols. As living with COVID becomes more normalized, many practices have opted to utilize the alert banner for practice announcements regarding holiday hours, events, or new practice additions.
With that in mind, we set out to add less alarming colors than the original red associated with emergency alerts. These also should stand out better than the color schemes matching the website colors. We now offer two additional color options:
- Black text on a white background
- White text on a black background
How Can I Use My Alert Banner?
Our associated practices have found creative banner uses, including:
- Links to new specials
- New technology features
- New dentists or team members
- Announcements regarding changes to hours or days the practice is open
- Upcoming community events
- The alert banner effectively conveys a quick message to everyone who lands on your site.
To activate the new colors or start using your alert banner:
- Login to your website
- Navigate to site settings
- Search all settings for “Show emergency alert notification,” and you can select the new color options.
- Click “Save Setting”
You can see our original post about the emergency alert banner here.
As always, if you get stuck, we are here to help. Simply email your marketing coach, or if you do not have a point of contact, email email@example.com or call us at 720-399-7071.