Google Local Services Ads allow you to advertise on Google as a “Google Screened Provider” with the green Google checkmark alongside your ads (US & Canada Only at this time). It also introduces a new way for Dentists to pay for qualified, patient leads based off services the patient searches for. Combined with traditional pay-per-click, Dentists have a chance to own the top view on Google!
Why Should You Care about Being a Google Screened Provider?
Be the first dentist in your area to sign on and potentially own that market.
- Other industries saw a huge increase in high-quality leads from the outset
- It contributes to your overall credibility as a provider, lending to consumer confidence
- It puts your ad placement above other paid ads directly at the top of searches
- GDW is already seeing our first round of clients benefit from early adoption!
Google Local Services Ads Showing in Google SERP
The Main Benefits of Local Services Ads Are:
- Appear at the very top of Google searches.
- Pay-per-lead rather than pay-per-click.
- Connect with potential patients who search for services you provide - and are likely to book.
- Use the mobile app to communicate with customers at any time (English only).
- Build patient trust with the Google Screened badge!
- Pay only for leads related to your business and the services you offer.
- Only hear from patients that have specifically selected your profile out of all the rest.
Why You Should Act Fast for Google LSA for Dentists:
- On average, the verification process can take up to 3-4 weeks after submitting the documentation.
- Each market will usually support on average 35 businesses for Google Local Services Ads for Dentists. Don't sleep on being one of the first!
- Early adoption means less competition for top positions, as well.
With Google Local Service Ads, your practice also will appear on Google Search and the Local Services site. When potential patients search for the services you offer in the areas we choose to target, Local Services "tiles" are shown at the top of Google Search results.
Those patients can click or tap on your ad to call or send you a message (US only). They can even schedule a booking with you directly through your ad if you so choose (US only).
Another example of this can be found when searching for other services already cleared to provide LSAs. Here you will see how the LSAs appear in the Denver metro area. They appear as the very first series of ads on both desktop and mobile, above other paid ads due to the Google guaranteed or recommended badges (see this HVAC example):
Why Google LSAs Are Great for Your Budget and Practice Flow
Using LSAs, your budget only goes towards actual leads vs. the larger net used for traditional, PPC-based advertising. While the two ad types work best together, how leads work for LSAs are based on a series of criteria to be considered valid leads. Per Google, valid leads are “related to your business or to the services you offer and can occur when customers find your Local Services ads on Google.” In other words, valid leads can look like any of the following:
- You receive a text message or email from the customer (United States and Canada only)
- You receive a voicemail from the customer (based on number tracking)
- You answer a phone call and speak with the customer (tracked through the ad itself)
- You receive a missed call (without a voicemail), and you return the customer’s message with a text message, email, or call where you either speak with the customer or leave a voicemail
- You receive a booking request from a customer (United States only)
If you find that a valid lead is not actually valid based on your criteria, GDW or you can then dispute that with Google.
Early Results From Our Beta Client Launch (3/1 thru 4/18 - 2023):
Our initial beta clients are showing quick progress (business name hidden for privacy). These numbers continue to ramp up and much of this data is from the last two weeks alone. Total Cost (spend) and Cost Per Lead are showing variations depending on market size, but we are able to draw some early conclusions (including the importance of Google Rating Score and Review Totals):
Google Local Services Ads Average Cost Per Lead = $123.33
Google Local Services Ads Average Total Spend Per Month = $978.67
How Do You Get Verified for Google Local Services Ads?
Prospective dentists that want to join this new push do need to complete a series of verification steps before becoming eligible to advertise with Local Services Ads.
What Does the Verification Process Entail?
The rigorous verification process is what makes LSAs such a unique opportunity. Many service providers will opt not to take the necessary steps, leaving the top positions open for dentists willing to follow the process.
We recommend starting this screening and verification process as soon as possible if you plan on joining the Local Services Ads arena. On average, the verification process can take up to 3-4 weeks after submitting all documents.
GDW can help you make this a reality and handle the vast majority of the heavy lifting to get set up, run your ads, and manage your leads!
Interested in finding out how Great Dental Websites can help you take advantage of Local Services Ads? We can go over the costs and time it takes for setup, and how to best use these new marketing tools for your practice to succeed and get new patients.
Not Sure If Google Local Services Ads Are for You?
If you want more information or want to know if this exciting new marketing tool is for you, reach out to your marketing coach or our support team for more information.