The weather has cooled down (we’ve had a quite a few snow days here in Denver already!), and the holiday season is just around the corner! This can be a very busy time when the year is wrapping up and everyone is traveling. But we’d like to add one more thing to your to-do list — marking your holiday hours on Google My Business!
Despite the craziness of the holidays, patients will still want to book appointments with your practice, especially when needing to take advantage of insurance benefits before the end of the year. It is expected to have different business hours during holidays, but it is important that you keep your patients informed as to when you will be closing so they won’t end up in front of an empty office! The easiest way to communicate this online is to add special hours on Google My Business. So, whenever someone searches for your practice on Google, they will have a clear picture on when (or if) you are open.
Here is a step-by-step guide on how to set your Google My Business holiday hours:
- Open your Google My Business Account
- Select the location you’d like to manage
- Under the “info” tab, click “add special hours” under your regular hours
- Manage the hours for the upcoming holidays though clicking “CONFIRM HOURS”
- Click “Apply” (The special hours will appear on the front end of your listing only on those designated days)
- If you have multiple locations, be sure to apply your hour changes to all location listings
Now you are set to cross this from your list! We recommend following up with this hour change by emailing your client base about your special hours and posting signage on your front door.